Saturday, March 7, 2009

Weekly Geeks: A Quote A Day - Georgette Heyer #1

WeeklyGeeksButtonI'm participating in my first-ever Weekly Geeks! This week's "assignment" is a quote a day, and I opted to work with a theme to try to make it easier on myself. My all-time favorite author is probably Georgette Heyer. I have my mother's entire collection of older edition Regencies, as well as some of the newer ones throughout the years that we needed to complete the Regency collection.

Today's quote is from Frederica--a conversation between the Marquis of Alverstoke and Louisa Buxted:

"My dear Vernon, you should surely know by now that I never touch sherry!"
Frederica cover

"Should I? But I have such a shockingly bad memory!"

"Not when you wish to remember anything!"

"Oh no, not then!" he agreed.

I never get tired of reading the bantering dialogue in Georgette Heyer's books.

2 comments:

  1. I love Georgette Heyer too! There is something about her bantering that just makes me giddy. :)

    And welcome to Weekly Geeks, by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally understand!!! I always have a smile on my face when I'm reading her books! :-)

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not use CAPTCHA, please comment freely! However, I have had to disable the "Anonymous" commenting feature since the spammers are just out of control. Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment -- I love to hear what you think! Feedback and discussion are always welcome. Happy reading :-)