Sunday, March 29, 2009

In My Mailbox (03.29.09)

InMyMailbox
In My Mailbox is hosted by The Story Siren. As always, thank you for hosting it! This week we were on vacation but when we returned, I had two books and a set of bookmarks waiting for me!

Threshold cover
One of my arrivals was Threshold by Bonnie Kozek. I was contacted by Author Marketing Experts and this is one of the titles I chose to review. Here's the synopsis from BN.com:

Honey McGuinness hasn't weathered the storm of life; she's been chewed up and spit out by it. Although she hasn't exactly landed on her feet, she's a strong, enigmatic, and untamed creature-with more than enough juice to play with the big boys.

When a haunting past becomes too painful, she moves to Skid Row where she hopes to disappear among the forsaken and forgotten. But things don't work out like she hopes. And when she finds her friend Billy lying in a pool of blood with a tape recorder strapped to his waist, she is sucked right back into the slough.

To avenge Billy's murder, Honey risks it all. She goes undercover and follows a trail that leads her straight into the murky, seedy world of sex, drugs, and greed-a sinister and depraved world of panacea and oblivion that holds particular seduction for a gal like Honey. In the final round, bloodied and defiled Honey hooks up with a big lug of a cop who's willing to lay down his life for hers-if both of them live that long.

Deadly Exchange cover
The other book I received was also courtesy of AME, Inc: Deadly Exchange by Geoffrey M. Gluckman. Here's the synopsis from BN.com:

Only weeks remain before Lectures and More, Inc., a company representing the world's top motivational speakers, launches its latest technological advance: a mind-altering radio frequency device sold as a work-site enhancement product. The deceptively altruistic Ulrich Rogers spearheads the company and its reeducation programs, incorporating the presentational prowess and charm of Jennifer Chance, a world-renowned motivational speaker. But as the lies that make up her life begin to unravel like threads on a poorly sewn garment, it becomes evident that nothing is as it seems.

Jennifer alone holds the key to unveil Rogers's plot to hold America hostage using Lectures and More's newest device. Plunged into a twisting chase to escape the clutches of Rogers and his former espionage henchmen, Jennifer seeks help from Frank Revere, an enigmatic former government counterintelligence agent. But the question of who to trust continues to dangle in Jennifer's mind. Thousands of lives hang in the balance, but a deeper deception lurks in the shadows …

And last but certainly not least, I received the bookmarks I won from Nymeth at Things Mean a Lot! Aren't they beautiful?

Bookmarks photo

7 comments:

  1. more bookmarks!! Those are very pretty ones too! thanks for participating in imm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad they made it there safely :D

    I love what you did with the navigation bar, btw...organized AND pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh my...those bookmarks are so adorable. It gives me ideas. I usually create mine :) Threshold looks like a good book. I will have to check it out

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I'm so envious. The bookmarks from Nymeth are absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha I'm totally jealous of your bookmarks (=

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not use CAPTCHA, please comment freely! However, I have had to disable the "Anonymous" commenting feature since the spammers are just out of control. Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment -- I love to hear what you think! Feedback and discussion are always welcome. Happy reading :-)