Tuesday, April 7, 2009

24 Hour Readathon Coming Up!

ReadathonButton

I'm sure most of you have heard about the 24-Hour Readathon by now, or at least seen this darling image in my sidebar and on other blogs. If you'd like to learn more about it, please go here.

The big day is April 18th, starting at 8am Eastern (for me). This will be my first time participating, as I wasn't even book-blogging the last time around! I opted to show my support as a cheerleader. With so much going on in my life right now, I wasn't sure if I could commit to being a reader, though with my mountain of unread books it was certainly a tempting idea. Instead, I'll do my fair share of reading and leaving encouraging comments on everyone's posts that day :-)

I encourage all of you to consider participating, whether as a reader, cheerleader, or mini-challenge host!

7 comments:

  1. I have devised my own category --- half marathon :) I am going to try to read for 12 out of the 24 hours. I think it is such a great idea and am very much looking forward to April 18!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Molly. I think I can do 12 hrs. hahhaha we'll see..

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so much fun. I'll be mostly reading but doing a little bit of cheerleading here and there. As a reader, I can't tell you how much you cheerleaders are appreciated!! Hope you have a great time and you'll be amazed how fast those 24 hours go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay! I'm so glad you joining in :) Cheerleaders are definitely very much appreciated :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Molly ~ GREAT idea, good way to ease into it!

    Reverie ~ Good luck with your 12 hours!

    Jen ~ Hope you join in the fun, I know I'm looking forward to it!

    Trish & Nymeth ~ I'm excited to be supporting you guys! I'll be interested to see how this all goes... Maybe next time I can be a big girl and stay up all day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yaaay, I'm glad you're joining in as a cheerleader. That's what I unofficially did last year and it was fun. I'll be reading this year though and I can't wait.

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not use CAPTCHA, please comment freely! However, I have had to disable the "Anonymous" commenting feature since the spammers are just out of control. Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment -- I love to hear what you think! Feedback and discussion are always welcome. Happy reading :-)