Saturday, April 18, 2009

#readathon: A Whole New Respect for Cheerleading...

Readathon Cheerleader buttonWho says cheerleading is easy? Lol :-) I think I ended up getting a *little* obsessed (in a good way, I suppose) with this whole cheerleading for the 24 Hour Read-A-Thon... I've really enjoyed stopping by everyone's blog to leave a comment. And I think I did hit just about everyone participating--if I missed you, I sincerely apologize because it was my honest intention to visit every reader out there. I can't imagine how you guys must be feeling by now, we're nearly halfway through the day!!

I guess I've really spent most of the day commenting, though my official scheduled times were 8am-11am this morning, 10pm-11pm tonight, and 7am-8am tomorrow... It's just so hard to stop when there are so many people out there to cheer on :-) I've also been doing a lot of tweeting with all of you, too! Of course, in between all of my Read-A-Thon activities the hubby and I were working with our meat smoker, trying our hand at a pork butt today. At the moment, I feel like I smell like a charcoal briquette but it's worth it--our pulled pork was AWESOME, especially for our first time trying it ourselves!

But back to the Read-a-thon... One of the best things about being a cheerleader? Finding new blogs to follow!! Since I haven't been in the book-blogging community for too long (just realized today's my 2-month anniversary!) I know there are a jillion blogs out there just waiting for me to find them... Today I added 30... yes, 30!!! to my subscription list and blogroll. I'd like to take this moment to share with you those "new-to-me" blogs:

1) tickettoanywhere.blogspot.com
2) diaryofaneccentric.blogspot.com
3) ashleyslibrary.blogspot.com
4) smsbookreviews.blogspot.com
5) books-movies-chinesefood.blogspot.com
6) www.bartsbookshelf.co.uk
7) bookpsmith.blogspot.com
8) bookjunkiereviews.blogspot.com
9) books4alison.blogspot.com
10) agignac.blogspot.com
11) crazycommamomma.wordpress.com
12) alainereading.blogspot.com
13) abookloverforever.blogspot.com
14) fantaghiro23.blogspot.com
15) awaitingserenity.net
16) callistahogan.livejournal.com
17) birdbrainbb.net
18) hiddenplace.wordpress.com
19) wordsbyannie.blogspot.com
20) thefriendlybooknook.com
21) thebookgirl.net
22) bookslovejessicamarie.blogspot.com
23) kbpinkbookmark.blogspot.com
24) lastexilewords.blogspot.com
25) lissaslongyarn.blogspot.com
26) chikune.com/blog
27) gimmemorebooks.blogspot.com
28) librariansbookreviews.blogspot.com
29) karinlibrarian.wordpress.com
30) relatedreading.wordpress.com

What new blogs did you find today?!

Now If only I could find the time to finish the last few minutes of Deadly Exchange so that I can write that review!!

19 comments:

  1. Yes, cheerleading has definitely been fun! I think I was a little obsessed, too - I was scheduled from 4-6 pm, and I've just now made it around to everyone, at a little after 8. I'm thinking about doing it again early tomorrow morning - but we'll see if I make it up in the morning. I'm happy to have discovered YOUR blog today - it's a great thing to meet new friends. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been a great cheerleader and it's really appreciated. It's always nice to see your name and get that encouragement. I'll have to come back tomorrow and check out those blogs-there's a few I haven't seen either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for the cheer, Melissa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for being a cheerleader. You rock! I'm also impressed that you managed to hit every reader's blog. That's a lot of reader love you've spread around. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This has been one of the best parts of the read-a-thons...meeting new book bloggers. Thank you for being a cheerleader...you guys have been a great source of encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all your hard work and sweet comments on my blog today--they brought a smile to my face. I think cheering is harder than reading! ;)
    *smiles*
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for stopping by to cheer my on! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for cheering me on. You did a great job supporting and encouraging.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are an AWESOME cheerleader!

    Thanks for having a couple of bites of pork butt for me -- it was delicious :)

    I will be back later to check out all these great new blogging sites!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for stopping by my blog, everyone! I had so much fun cheering you all on, I really enjoyed my first readathon! (or #readathon in Twitterland, lol). I can't wait to be a reader for the next one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for cheerleading! I know all the readers appreciate it.

    I'm so glad to see my blog on your list! In fact I was so excited I had to jump out of my chair and tell my boyfriend somebody liked my blog. :)

    I definitely added a ton of book blogs to Google Reader. There are so many great book blogs out there!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for being a cheerleader for the readathon! This was my first readathon and I have to tell you I was impressed by the number of books my fellow bloggers consumed! I didn't read as much as I had hoped to, but there is always October, right? :)

    Isn't it nice to find great new blogs? I have found several myself from the readathon. My Google Reader is heavy with book blogs. So much so I have trouble keeping up with all of the posts and commenting as much as I want to!

    Do you think you will be a reader or cheerleader in October's readathon?

    ReplyDelete
  13. There are some really great blogs out there. As a reader I didn't get to visit very many. Perhaps next time I will be a cheerleader. :)

    Thanks for ding such a great job of cheering everyone on.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you so much for being a cheerleader. I greatly appreciate it. I like your list - you discovered some great bloggers. I've been to quite a few but I'll have to check out the rest.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for being a cheerleader and finding my blog! :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Melissa, you did a great job as a cheerleader. I can't believe you made it to every blog, that's amazing! I had such a great time, and, yes, added new blogs to my reader because I found myself Tweeting with other Readathon participants whose blogs I'd never read before.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So many of those blogs are ones that I really look forward to seeing new posts for in my reader. I love that the readathon was able to bring so many readers together. I had fun cheerleading unofficially and am looking forward to participating as a reader next time.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for cheerleading so well! I'm still adding blogs from the weekend and you've just given me a whole other list to go through. See you in October!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks so much for visiting my blog during the read-a-thon! Cheerleaders are awesome! I'm thinking of cheering next time, it looks like a ton of fun and I'm envious of all the new blogs you get to discover :)

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not use CAPTCHA, please comment freely! However, I have had to disable the "Anonymous" commenting feature since the spammers are just out of control. Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment -- I love to hear what you think! Feedback and discussion are always welcome. Happy reading :-)