Friday, April 10, 2009

Friday Finds (04.10.09)

FridayFindsFriday Finds is hosted by MizB at Should be Reading.

This week I found a few more interesting titles thanks to all you other book-bloggers out there. This time around I've got 5 picks for the week--thanks to everyone who is helping to make my wish list a mountain! :-D

Strange Angels cover
First up is Strange Angels, by Lili St. Crow. This would
 have been on a Waiting On Wednesday post if I'd done one this week :-) Here's the synopsis from Amazon.com:

Dru Anderson has what her grandmother called “the touch.” (Comes in handy when you’re traveling from town to town with your dad, hunting ghosts, suckers, wulfen, and the occasional zombie.)
Then her dad turns up dead—but still walking—and Dru knows she’s next. Even worse, she’s got two guys hungry for her affections, and they’re not about to let
 the fiercely independent Dru go it alone. Will Dru discover just how special she really is before coming face-to-fang with whatever—or whoever— is hunting her?

Boneman's Daughters cover
Next up is The Boneman's Daughters by Ted Dekker. Here's the synopsis from BN.com:

They call him BoneMan, a serial killer who's abducted six young women. He's the perfect father looking for the perfect daughter, and when his victims fail to meet his lofty expectations, he kills them by breaking their bones and leaving them to die.
Intelligence officer Ryan Evans, on the other hand, has lost all hope of ever being the perfect father. His daughter and wife have written him out of their lives.

Everything changes when BoneMan takes Ryan's estranged daughter, Bethany, as his seventh victim. Ryan goes after BoneMan on his own.

But the FBI sees it differently. New evidence points to the suspicion that Ryan is BoneMan. Now the hunter is the hunted, and in the end, only one father will stand.


Crown Duel cover
I also came across Crown Duel by Sherwood Smith this week. Here's the synopsis from Amazon.com:

Young Countess Meliara swears to her dying father that she and her brother will defend their people from the growing greed of the king. That promise leads them into a war for which they are ill-prepared, which threatens the very people they are trying to protect. But war is simple compared to what follows, in peacetime. Meliara is summoned to live at the royal palace,
 where friends and enemies look alike, and intrigue fills the dance halls and the drawing rooms. If she is to survive, Meliara must learn a whole new way of fighting-with wits and words and secret alliances.

In war, at least, she knew in whom she could trust. Now she can trust no one.


If I Stay cover
If I Stay by Gayle Forman - Reviews of this one have been floating around for awhile now, but I finally added it to my list this week. Here's the synopsis from BN.com:

In a single moment, everything changes. Seventeenyear- old Mia has no memory of the accident; she can only recall riding along the snow-wet Oregon road with her family. Then, in a blink, she fi nds herself watching as her own damaged body is taken from the wreck...

A sophisticated, layered, and heartachingly beautiful story about the power of family and friends, the choices we all make-and the ultimate choice Mia commands.


The Real Enemy cover
I've also seen several reviews of The Real Enemy by Kathy Herman, but only just got around to adding it to my wish list this week. Here's the synopsis from Amazon.com:

Brill Jessup would rather work than deal with the bitterness she feels about her husband Kurt's infidelity. They've made a fresh start with Brill taking a job as the new police chief in a small East Tennessee town. Kurt is genuinely contrite and making every effort to show his commitment to Brill. Meanwhile Emily, their nine-year-old, is being the perfect little girl, as if she can make everything okay again. So why can't Brill get over this anger? Work presents the perfect distraction as rumors and superstition are running rampant in the wake of the disappearances of seven people in seven days. As fear rises in the community, Brill works desperately to solve the mystery... until it threatens her family and she is forced to confront the real enemy.

So what books did YOU find this week?

7 comments:

  1. I'm finishing up BoneMan's Daughters today. Boy is it good! I think you'd love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BoneMan's Daughters is a pretty good pick- I'm 1/2 done and will finish it up today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I shall add Bonemans Daughter to my list too as I keep hearing such good things about it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boneman's Daughters is making the rounds. I've seen it all over but haven't read a review of it yet. Looks pretty juicy to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had Crown Duel checked out, but had to return it before I read it. It looks really good though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to read Strange Angels and If I stay!

    Great choice of books.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, lots of mentions of Boneman's Daughters! Looks like I'm going to have to check that out sooner, rather than later!

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not use CAPTCHA, please comment freely! However, I have had to disable the "Anonymous" commenting feature since the spammers are just out of control. Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment -- I love to hear what you think! Feedback and discussion are always welcome. Happy reading :-)