Thursday, April 9, 2009

Booking Through Thursday (4.09.09)

BookingThroughThursday For something different, I’m borrowing a question from … here! One of the very first questions ever at Booking Through Thursday. Back from 2005 when Laura owned the blog but, because it was so new, it didn’t get as many responses as it does now … so, why not revisit?

Here’s the question:
Some people read one book at a time. Some people have a number of them on the go at any given time, perhaps a reading in bed book, a breakfast table book, a bathroom book, and so on, which leads me to…

(1) Are you currently reading more than one book?
No, I'm not. I actually have never been very good at reading more than one book at a time, so I don't find myself doing that too often. The only recent case was when I got about a chapter of the way through The Host, set it down, and started reading other books. But since I never got back to The Host until after reading other books, I don't really consider that the same thing :-)

(2) If so, how many books are you currently reading?
See above :-)

(3) Is this normal for you?
Ok, apparently I only needed the first question. Or really, my problem is that I can't just answer a simple Yes or No question with just one word.

(4) Where do you keep your current reads?
My current reads are usually somewhere near at hand. I keep them in my purse during the week, so I have them at work and easily accessible once I get home. When I'm at home on weekends, I usually keep the book I'm reading by my side of the bed or downstairs where I read while sitting in the love seat in our living room.

3 comments:

  1. I want a love seat in my living room too!
    I have just finished preparing my post for tomorrow and I mentioned my problem of reading more than one book at a time.I have four on the go at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Purses a great for that. I have a huge bag and usually keep at least one if not two books in there. I call it my life bag. literally holds everything!

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not use CAPTCHA, please comment freely! However, I have had to disable the "Anonymous" commenting feature since the spammers are just out of control. Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment -- I love to hear what you think! Feedback and discussion are always welcome. Happy reading :-)