Sunday, April 26, 2009

In My Mailbox (04.20-25.09)

InMyMailbox
In My Mailbox is hosted by The Story Siren--thank you, as always!

I had a quiet week in terms of books in the mail--just one, but I thought it was important to share it because the author was kind enough to send me this book and I want her to know how much it was appreciated.

Passion Most Pure coverA Passion Most Pure by Julie Lessman (Thank you, Julie, for sending this to me!)

Synopsis from Amazon.com:

Refusing to settle for anything less than a romantic relationship that pleases God, Faith O'Connor steels her heart against her desire for the roguish Collin McGuire. But when Collin tries to win her sister Charity's hand, Faith isn't sure she can handle the jealousy she feels. To further complicate matters, Faith finds herself the object of Collin's affections, even as he is courting her sister. The Great War is raging overseas, and a smaller war is brewing in the O'Connor household. Full of passion, romance, rivalry, and betrayal, A Passion Most Pure will captivate readers from the first page. Book 1 of the Daughters of Boston series.

**Side Note: I received this book on Thursday and was finally able to start it last night. I actually ended up staying up into the wee hours of the morning to finish it, so that should tell you something right there!

11 comments:

  1. hahh YAY book! enjoy! happy reading and see you in a few hrs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book looks really good. I hope you enjoyed it and cannot wait to see your review. Have fun today meeting Melissa Marr :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like an Anne of Green Gables book from the cover. ;) I'm thinking perhaps it's not quite the same story...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This seems pretty good. Have fun reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, it sounds really good. and you must have enjoyed it, if you stayed up late to finish! can't wait to see what you thought of it! happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been hearing good things about this one. I can't wait to read your review!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh, Melissa, you are MORE than welcome, my friend! I'm just tickled pink you'd take the time to read it. Uh ... sorry about the loss of sleep ... NOT!!

    Hugs,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Staying up all night reading is always fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like it must be a good book, I might look into it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That book sounds wonderful! It is almost always a great sign when I hear someone stays up extra late to finish a book. :)

    ~ Wendi

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not use CAPTCHA, please comment freely! However, I have had to disable the "Anonymous" commenting feature since the spammers are just out of control. Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment -- I love to hear what you think! Feedback and discussion are always welcome. Happy reading :-)