Thursday, April 30, 2009

Thursday Thunks (04.30.09)

Welcome to the April 30th version of Thursday Thunks!
(which we always seem to post on Wednesday)
Where we make you think a little bit before you blog!

This week we will answer some crazy questions brought to you by Kimber, the color mango and the number 70566.

1. What color is your front door?
Had to think about this one since I'm at work. Think it's brown.

2. We discussed our folks in previous TT so now tell me about your siblings. If you are an only child, tell me whether or not you wanted siblings, older, younger etc.
I'm an only, and I guess at times growing up I wished I had a sibling (older or younger, didn't matter) but generally I've been pretty glad I'm an only child.

3. What color/type butterfly is your favorite?
Where we go in the mounts of NC has very pretty blue & black butterflies, so I'd say those are my favorite. But any particularly colorful one will do :-) Maybe I can answer this better after we go to the Butterfly garden @ Callaway Gardens in a couple of weeks!

4. Will you be celebrating Cinco De Mayo?
Nah, unless we just happen to go out for Mexican for dinner. But probably not.

5. Oprah- love her, hate her, or don't care?
Don't care!

6. Are you worried about the spread of swine flu?
Not yet.

7. Hard or soft pillows?
Right in between, firm but with some give. I HATE super-soft or down pillows. What's the point?

8. How many trees are in your neighbor's yard?
Which neighbor?

9. What was the color of the last car you saw?
Black, I think.

10. When does your driver's license expire?
In January of 2017

11. Look at the clock on your computer and type the numbers backwards.
809

12. When you put your pants on, what leg do you put in first?
Right

13. How would you respond to this letter if you were an advice columnist.
I am an ugly woman. I was an ugly baby and child even! It is a fact. I am 36 now and I have never had a boyfriend, and I am still a virgin.Due to me not having men in my life, I have poured everything I have in to education and my career. At 36 I am the youngest (and first female CEO) at a big, successful, tech company. I have over 200 personal patents and millions of pounds in investments.I have everything: huge house, holiday villa in Spain, 3 cars, power boat, a race horse, etc. but as much I try to talk myself into everything being “great” I cannot help but to miss that special someone to share it all with.Most of my friends are married with kids and I feel like I am gradually drifting away from them also.Where can I find someone to marry an ugly woman?
I just wouldn't respond. It got lost in the mail...

7 comments:

  1. Does your driving licence really expire in 8 years? Does that mean you have to retake the dreaded test? Mine won't run out till I am in my 70's - thank god. I don't think I could do the test again!
    To answer your questions about how many scrapbooks I have, here goes?

    9 12x12 books - four which are finished.
    5 8x8 books - 1 which is finished.
    Just bought 2 new 12 x 12 albums as they were dirt cheap and always handy.
    Also presently doing an album for my aunt. I am as obsessive over scrapping as I am reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In GA you have the option to renew for 5 or 10 years, but that doesn't mean you have to retake the test. You just have to go back and get a new license/new picture. Think you might also be able to do that by mail, but I'm not sure about that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Phew! You had me worried for a second there. Honestly the thought of doing that test again. Thanks for coming back to me on mine. I never know where I should answer comments. Knowing how busy everyone is, I try and go to their blogs and answer. I always forget what questions I have asked and where - perhaps I need to write them down. How do you keep track of yours?

    ReplyDelete
  4. In NC, it has to be renewed every five years...mine has to be renewed in November. Since November of 2004, I have become blind as a bat and am now wearing glasses. You need to pass an eye test to renew...uh oh. My eyes still aren't 100%!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That last question was a trip lol I was like UHHHHH??? I answered it though, tried to be serious

    P.S. Super soft pillows suck. I totally agree with you - no point whatsover =D

    ReplyDelete
  6. There's an award for you over at my blog! =]

    http://readingsofateenagetree.blogspot.com/2009/05/award.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I posted this giveaway on my Blog
    http://carolsbloggys.blogspot.com/2008/09/some-great-book-sites.html
    digicat{AT}sbcglobal{DOT}net

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not use CAPTCHA, please comment freely! However, I have had to disable the "Anonymous" commenting feature since the spammers are just out of control. Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment -- I love to hear what you think! Feedback and discussion are always welcome. Happy reading :-)