Saturday, April 11, 2009

In My Mailbox (04.5-11.09)

InMyMailbox
In My Mailbox is hosted by Kristi, The Story Siren. Please visit her site to see what everyone else has been getting in the mail, too! (And just visit her site because it's awesome!)

After a drought last week, I had a great week (for me)! Five books! Like I said, it was a great week for me :-) I haven't been winning much lately, nor have I wanted to spend a fortune on books, so I don't have the hauls that many of you do. :-D Here's what I got:

Stack of books I got

The three on top are from BN.com:

(1) Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr (Melissa Marr is doing a book signing in Alpharetta at the end of the month and I wanted to give her books a try, as I've read many good reviews out there!)

(2) Willow by Jula Hoban (Enough said, right? I've heard incredible things about this book!)

(3) Need by Carrie Jones (This one's been on my wish list for quite awhile, I finally decided to buy it.)

The next one in the pile is from the kind folks at Hatchette Books--my first time working with them!

(4) The Crimes of Paris: A True Story of Murder, Theft, and Detection by Dorothy Hoobler and Thomas Hoobler

(5) And lastly, Brian Rathbone was kind enough to send me a signed copy of his book, The Dawning of Power, which I had recently added to my wish list.

I've got lots of great reading here, now if I only I had more time to devote to it!! :-/ This is another reason why I really should have many books In My Mailbox, because I, like so many of you, have quite a stack of "unreads."

What was in your mailbox this week?

24 comments:

  1. you coming with us to Marr's signing??

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's my plan, Reverie. I know Shalonda said she wouldn't be able to make it. Will anyone else be going?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great week! Wicked Lovely is amazing, and Willow sounds brilliant (I got that one, too). I look forward to your reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! You'll have to tell me how you like Wicked Lovely. I've not read any of Marr's books.

    And I got Willow too! Super excited to read it!

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucky Lucky! Looks like a lot of good reading ahead of you 8)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got Wicked Lovely this week too! I'm saving it for the Read-a-Thon ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adding my voice to the chorus of how awesome Wicked Lovely is, and expressing my jealousy of all those who get to go to a Marr signing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have "Need" by Carrie Jones on the way too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh! Wicked Lovely is just amazing, hope you enjoy it! But The Dawning of Power!!! It sounds amazing! Right up my alley! Hope you enjoy it! Look forward to your review!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow you guys are getting me even more excited about these books, especially Wicked Lovely! :-) I hope to get to them pretty soon--at least Wicked Lovely as I'm hoping to get to that book signing :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's me again...You have an award waiting for you at J. Kaye’s Book Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Easter!!! You have got some amazing books. Wicked Lovely is wicked good...you will be hooked after the first few pages. Serious.

    Need is also very good and I purchased Willow this week and cannot wait to get into it :)

    happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have no idea what The Dawning of Power is about (will look it up) but boy do I love the cover!

    Seems I'm the only one around here who doesn't have Willow. Ha!

    Cat (Beyond Books)

    ReplyDelete
  14. man, I'm so jealous of your copy of willow! I hate being broke:-(
    I like your layout btw..
    -amy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Willow looks fantastic. I have yet to read Wicked Lovely though.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Niiice books you got there, I also got Willow, can't wait until I get the chance to read it. :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. looks like you had a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm so glad you think I'm awesome! Thank you! Thanks for participating in IMM!! You've gotten some great books! Can't wait to see what you think of them!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Willow looks so good! can't wait to read it either.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've heard a lot of good things about Melissa Marr. I'm going to have to pick up one of her novels one of these days. You got a lot of good reads here Melissa.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I bought Willow last week and can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  22. i loved Wicked Lovely. have a great time at the Melissa Marr event!

    ReplyDelete

This blog does not use CAPTCHA, please comment freely! However, I have had to disable the "Anonymous" commenting feature since the spammers are just out of control. Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a comment -- I love to hear what you think! Feedback and discussion are always welcome. Happy reading :-)